On June 16, The Hire Opportunity Coalition and Get Schooled hosted the fourth annual National Youth Hiring Day—a national, free virtual job fair for young people. The event featured leading national employers looking to fill more than 135,000 entry-level jobs.
National Youth Hiring Day 2021 was the largest yet with 16 industry-leading employers on board. Participating exhibitors included Amazon, City Year, CVS Health, FedEx Ground, Five Guys, Hilton, Hyatt, Jason’s Deli, Nordstrom, Rue21, Staples, Starbucks, T-Mobile, Verizon, Victra, Walgreens, and Wayfair.
National Youth Hiring Day’s goal is twofold: Help America’s youth access meaningful employment opportunities and help leading employers hire the young talent that will continue to fuel America’s economic recovery.
The following represent the key analytics generated by the National Youth Hiring Day outreach campaign, along with actual traffic to and within the virtual job fair:
- Nearly 11 million digital impressions
- More than 90,000 referrals to HiringDay.org from our campaign efforts
- Almost 2,000 participants logged into the virtual fair on Hiring Day
- More than 12,000 total booth visits
- 4,500 unique booth visits
- Almost 9,000 public and private chat conversations
- Prominent placement of op-ed in Fast Company, which called on corporate leaders to not repeat the inequitable economic recoveries of the past.
Every applicant who logged on had the opportunity to engage with participating companies, learn more about available entry-level positions, and potentially get hired; they also had access to day- of and future job search coaching from Get Schooled.