National Youth Hiring Day 2021 Takes Place June 16
We’re calling on supporting organizations to help us connect young people to thousands of available entry-level jobs with national employers.
The Hire Opportunity Coalition and Get Schooled are hosting the fourth annual National Youth Hiring Day on June 16 from 2-6pm ET. In its fourth consecutive year, National Youth Hiring Day is a national, free virtual job fair for young people, featuring 16 leading national employers looking to fill more than 135,000 entry-level jobs.
Every applicant who logs on is guaranteed an opportunity to directly engage with participating companies, learn more about available entry-level positions, and potentially get hired on the spot. Additionally, they will receive preparation support including resume and interview tips from Get Schooled and other organizations to ensure they are ready to navigate the event.
Participating exhibitors include Amazon, City Year, CVS Health, FedEx Ground, Five Guys, Hilton, Hyatt, Jason’s Deli, Nordstrom, Rue21, Staples, Starbucks, T-Mobile, Verizon, Victra, Walgreens, and Wayfair.
How You Can Help Before June 16
We’re calling on supporting organizations to help us recruit youth to the online job fair and spread awareness about our available resources. You can help us achieve our goals by helping share details about the job fair with young people and other groups in your networks and communities.
- Post about the job fair on your social media using the sample language and graphics found on the NYHD 2021 SocialMedia Toolkit. (Please note these are just starting points and you should feel free to tailor these messages to your unique organizational voice.)
- Reshare posts from Get Schooled (Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, Facebook) and Hire Opportunity Coalition (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter) regarding the job fair.
- Encourage youth to register for the fair by visiting http://youthhiringday.org or texting #HiringDay to 335577.
Steps to Help Young People Should Prepare for June 16
Once youth have pre-registered and learn more about preparing for National Youth Hiring Day, they should also:
- Create a resume – here are some resources to help!
- Send it to Get Schooled for a free review!
- Know what you’ll need to fill out a job application.
- Prepare for your interview (Get Schooled can help!)
- Learn the skills to be successful on the job.
Note: For youth under the age of 18, some employers may not hire you. Check out Get Schooled’s resources on jobs for 14-15 year olds and 16-17 year olds to find companies hiring in that age group, or find jobs in your area with our FREE JobLaunch tool!
More information about the event can be found on the National Youth Hiring Day website – http://youthhiringday.org