The 100,000 Opportunities Initiative partnered with Get Schooled to execute the largest job fair, digital or physical, in its five-year history on Thursday, May 7th. Nine employers and four program providers joined together to make 150,000 open entry-level jobs available to nearly 50,000 interested young job seekers.
Amazon, CVS Health, Dollar General, Fry’s Food Stores, Spectrum, Stop & Shop, Target, UPS, and Walgreens led the group of participating private employers. City Year and Year Up used the opportunity to recruit new members and support their graduating members. Get Schooled and MENTOR were also on hand to support youth participants with valuable assistance on resume writing, interview skills, and referrals to local mentor programs.
The following represent the key analytics generated by the 3rd Annual National Youth Hiring Day outreach campaign, plus actual traffic to and within the virtual job fair:
- More than 12.9M digital impressions
- Nearly 150,000 referrals to HiringDay.org from our paid digital campaign
- 48,000 unique visitors to the Hiring Day registration page
- More than 10,000 young people newly connected to 1:1 job coaching support via Get Schooled
- 6,000 visitors to HiringDay.org on the day of the fair
- 4,582 participants logged into the virtual fair on Hiring Day
- 26,741 total booth visits
- 17,880 unique booth visits
- 8,561 public and private chat conversations
- 2,584 clicks to apply for jobs with participating employers
- Media coverage in 3,465 outlets nationwide, reaching more than 15 million people
Equally important, the administrators of the effort learned a great deal about how to take this innovation to even greater heights as we all persevere to put America and its valuable young people safely back to work over the coming months.